Fri, Dec 08|
Trenches Community Church
10X Better | Fasting & Praying
Join the body of Christ at Trenches as we carve out time to seek the Lord by fasting & praying together. The duration is from Friday, December 8, starting at 9pm through Sunday, December 17 at 9pm. We will meet at the church & online starting Saturday morning TBD. Stay tuned for more information.
Time & Location
Dec 08, 2023, 9:00 PM – Dec 18, 2023, 9:00 PM
Trenches Community Church, 1003 Gayle Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49048, USA
About The Event
Join the body of Christ at Trenches as we carve out time to seek the Lord by fasting and praying together. The duration is from Friday, December 8, starting at 9pm through Sunday, December 17 at 9pm. Daniel 1:8, 12-21.10x’s Better: Living by Power Prayer and Fasting
Our Focus Scriptures
Psalm 27:4; 42:1, Romans 12:1-2, Galatians 5:16-26, Daniel 1, Isaiah 58, particularly verses 6-8, The book of Acts.
What is fasting?
Fasting is spending more intentional and dedicated time with the Lord through prayer, worship and studying the word. It’s ABSTAINING from FESHLY appetites and desires such as, watching television, being on social media, going to the movies, and eating certain foods, (meats or sweets, drinking coffee, pop, shakes). It’s important to REPLACE what you normally consume with only eating vegetables, fruits and nuts and water or not eating at all for a certain amount of time, while drinking plenty of water. WE WILL NOT COLLECTIVELY BE DOING A NO FOOD FAST. The primary purpose of our fast is to FEED our spirit and soul by spending quality time with the Lord, STARVE fleshly appetites/desires, being set free from bondages and generously helping others (particularly the poor).
Our 10 day Fasting and Prayer Strategy
- TOGETHER, pray through the Model Prayer Jesus gave us (Luke 11:1-4; Matthew 6:9-15)
- TOGETHER, study the book of Acts.
- PARTNER with another person and the body of Christ while fasting.
- BE GENEROUS. Who can you be a blessing to through action?
Some Expected Results
- BETTER HEALTH mentally/emotionally, spiritually (becoming more Christlike), physically (healing) and relationally (relationship mended or made better).
- BETTER at HEARING from God. Journal and speak prophetically what you hear.
- BETTER at HELPING the poor and being a generous giver. What can you do personally to help the poor? How can you prepare yourself for “A Christmas Gift to Trenches” on December 24.
- BETTER HABITS - Freedom from unproductive or destructive habits and the gain of or restoration of kingdom habits.
- BETTER at PRAYING and seeing results - The Prayer Model becoming the framework for our prayers.
- OTHER - What may be your BETTER?
Our 10 Day Prayer and Fasting Journey
Friday, Dec 8 - ***FAST BEGINS at 9pm
Day 1 - Saturday Dec 9
- Reading Acts 1-3
- Our goal in reading Acts is to see ourselves as AMBASSADORS of Christ and RE-PRESENTING Him again in speaking and demonstration.
- Pray together IN-PERSON at 6-7:30p at Trenches. Focus: OUR (Community)
Day 2 - Sunday Dec 10
- Read Acts 4-6
- Pray together IN-PERSON at 8:45a at Trenches. Focus: FATHER (Becoming like Him, relationship, inheritance)
Day 3 - Monday Dec 11
- Read Acts 7-10
- Pray together ONLINE at 7-8:30pm. Focus: Hallowed be Your Name (Acknowledge and Worship Him For Who You He Is)
Day 4 - Tuesday Dec 12
- Read Acts 11-14
- Pray together ONLINE at 7-8:30pm. Focus: Kingdom come. Your will be done. On earth as it is in heaven (God’s rule or presence would come to earth through His representatives)
Day 5 - Wednesday Dec 13
- Read Acts 15-18
- Pray together IN-PERSON at Trenches at 6-7:30pm. Focus: Kingdom come. Your will be done. On earth as it is in heaven (God’s rule or presence would to earth come through His representatives)
Day 6 - Thursday, Dec 14
- Read Acts 19-21
- Pray together IN-PERSON at Trenches at 6-7:30pm. Focus: Give us this day our daily bread (God providing our necessities to do kingdom work)
Day 7 - Friday, Dec 15
- Read Acts 22-25
- Pray together ONLINE at 7-8:30pm. Focus: Forgives us our sins as we forgive those who have sinned against us (A time to release)
Day 8 - Saturday, Dec 16
- Read Acts 26-28
- Pray together ONLINE at 7-8:30pm: Focus: For Yours is the kingdom and power and glory forever
Day 9 - Sunday, Dec 17
- Worship and Praying together IN-PERSON at Trenches at 8:45am. Focus: The Model Prayer
***FAST ENDS at 9pm - Day 10 - Monday, December 18
- We will gather together ONLINE for prayer and testimonies at 7-8:30pm to share what God has done in, for, and through us over a 10 day period.