Sun, May 07|
Breaking the Stigma of Mental Health
During this series of events we will destigmatize mental health and substance abuse challenges and empower the culture to reconstruct its reality.
Time & Location
May 07, 2023, 10:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Kalamazoo, 1003 Gayle Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49048, USA
About The Event
Racial Disparities continues to be problematic, especially as it relates to Black culture. During this series of events we will destigmatize mental health and substance abuse challenges and empower the culture to reconstruct its reality. The power to change the narrative exists in our ability to change our perception of reality.
- During this session you will:
- Decrease stigma about mental health
- Increase understanding about various mental health issues
- Resources for help and support through mental health crisis
Who should attend:
- Community residents, families, parents
Topics to be Addressed:
- Is it Medical or Mental? Medical Conditions Mimicking Mental Health, Ronda Shorter, BSN, PMHNP Intern
- Is It A Mood or is it More? Knowing When Help Needed, Valarie Cunningham, MSW, LSMW
- Are you Troubled or are you Traumatized? What is your ACE Score?
Michigan Health Endowment Fund, Synergy Health Center, and Trenches Community Church
This is a FREE event and lunch is provided.